Thursday, December 11, 2008

“Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.” ~Bo Derek

So today's topic is Spencer Elden.  This guy is a gem.  And not just any gem -- a priceless gem.  Spencer Elden is the baby on the cover of Nirvana's Nevermind album.  I recently read (in this article) that he is still cashing in on his "success."


The CNN article says "Now 17, Elden says he was paid $1,000 to re-enact the famous pool pose for photgraphers.  Compare that to the original shoot which paid $200."

I'm not too good at math, but I'm pretty sure that 1,000 2008 dollars is really not all that much better than 200 1991 dollars.  Besides the fact that the "re-enactment" photo doesn't look anything like the original.  I mean, cripes, he even has a swimsuit on!  He could have at least put on some baby fat, or shaved his head, or something


Oh wait.  Shave that head?  Nevermind.  Gracious, that would cost him almost his entire photo shoot profit.

And, not to be rude but, what exactly about posing for a photo when you're six months old makes you eligible to close a deal on a movie contract?  What role would he play, anyway?  Napoleon Dynamite II?  Maybe Kurt Cobain sang it best:  "What else could I say?  Everyone is gay."

1 comment:

CR said...

Hilarious! (John's wife ;)