Okay, I'm going to try putting pictures in my blog again. I'm not going to lie: I didn't love it last time. But anyway, here goes nothing. The first picture is of Pookie and me (not Pookie and I - I hate how that gets misused, darn my mother for making me care). Here we are getting ready for our trip to the water park on Saturday. Cute, cute, cute! And the kid isn't looking too shabby either!As I go through the camera, I'm finding a bunch of pictures I didn't even know were taken. So here's a freebie of Shem and Pookie, just to teach a lesson about turnabout.
The title quote today comes from Kate and Leopold... which, consequently, was my Father's Day present. Not really. Actually my present was Shem falling asleep on top of me in the Love Sac while I abritrarily found things the Tivo® had recorded against my will. And then, right when she finally started believing that he really was from 1876 and they started falling in love (which is TOTALLY believable because they had SO much in common), Shem wanted to go to bed. I guess she was just too worn out from pampering me all day (it started with dollar pancakes for breakfast, yum, and just got better from there).
...but I digress. The point of my rambling was that, while we were at said pool, some genius pooped in the play area -- where there are lots of cool spraying toys, it's nice and shallow, and Canerib is featured here pretending to be a stealthy toe predator. So everyone in our county had to cram into the boring pool. Fortunately, there were no neighboring counties crowding their way in, because... well, let's face it, nobody else wants to come to our county.
Luckily for us, there were two slides to occupy our time, in which nobody defecated (leastwise, not while we were there). Shem wouldn't go down the "fast" slide, so I had to perpetually go on that one, taking turns with the boys. It was hard to hear "I'm sorry, kninsa, you can't go on the boring slide -- only the fun one," but I bore it with as much grace as one can, when one's belly is hanging out over one's swim trunks. Man, if thees ees torture, chain me to thee wall.

6 comments:
Kninsa fails to mention that I took pictures of 3 other random people coming off the waterslide before I got this AMAZING, yet pitch black shot. Make sure you click on it to enlarge, so you can tell that he and Pookie are really there.
Yeah, all i'm seeing is a BLACK hole..not even a pair of eyes looking back at me. No offense. And how do you pronouce Knisnsa?
I am enjoying your rambling!
Looks like fun! I can't wait to bring the girls for a visit. We miss you guys.
Hey lunch lady, nice to see you. I'm enjoying your entertaining blog as well.
Yes kim, you should come sometime. It actually gets BELOW 100 degress here...
Post a Comment