Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"When the cat is away..."

Camping is a wonderful thing. I do NOT believe in camping as a form of family vacation, like some families do, but as a weekend getaway it is an enjoyable experience. And if the wife doesn't want to come along, well, we try to somehow have fun anyway...


Dutch Oven dinner (with barbecue sauce -- oh my!)


Wow, this is fun, but taking quite a while...


Aaahhh... that's better!


"Aha. Look what I've created. I have made FIRE!"


Should I stop BEFORE or AFTER the fire is taller than I am?


Fruit??? We are men! Men don't eat no stinking fruit!

4 comments:

Roses said...

"the wife"?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever form of maleness you need to exude with your little getaway should not include language like that. Someone might believe you.

Allyson said...

Okay Tom Hanks, settle down there!

Shem said...

"The wife" still remembers this incident... and was glad to stay home where it was warm and dry.

Jim, the Middle-Aged Mormon Man said...

Nice.

Hey, are you going to buy the property from your Dad?