Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Creativity is the ability to introduce order into the randomness of nature" ~Eric Hoffer

Okay, so maybe I'm not creative -- but at least I'm random, so I guess that's something. So here are some random thoughts I've had recently, none of which had the ability to solidify itself into a truly serious blog topic, unfortunately.

~ Good criminy, I'm so over Lance Armstrong. Do we really need a special jersey at the bottom of our screen just to see where you are at all times? Sheesh, get over .... uh...... uh........ yourself. Go Contador!!!!!

~ How much intelligence does it take to learn your own nation's anthem -- especially if you're going to be performing it in public??? As I recently sat at a minor league baseball game listening to some random wannabe celebrity show off her trills and warbles, I was already moderately annoyed at her ability to completely diminish the beauty and nobility of our age-old song of love and homage with her vocal prancing and parading. Imagine how my annoyance was amplified exponentially to discover that the twit doesn't even know that our flag flew O'ER -- not FOR -- the land of the free and the home of the brave. Idiot.

~ No comment on MJ. I don't think it's any secret how I feel about media sensationalism and constantly tooting the same horn.

~ If you don't know who Jeff Dunham and Peanut are, please look them up right now. I love that Micronesian and his straight man friend.

~ Click here. Enough said.

~ I love blogging; I truly do. I wish I could do it every day. It really sucks when stupid things get in the way. Like work.

~ I love Shem. And nothing gets in the way.

~ I really need some donations for my walk to fight diabetes in September. More info about that later.

2 comments:

Shem said...

Although I loved the Lance imitiation... Gotta admit, the Tour is fun when he races!

Allyson said...

I love random thoughts! Thank your for a laugh today.