Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Patience is a virgin

Wow, things are so difficult sometimes.

So last night, Shem and I went for a walk. We started out just going outside to unload the trunk of the car. But it was such a nice night, we spontaneously started walking... and humming, and holding hands, just like Fred and Ginger. Just a nice leisurely walk for exercise (yes, it's true, even I can get my paunch moving when I want to). We decided to mosey on over to the local Piggly Wiggly - since it was Hoke's day off... "Oh, Lord, she jus' looked out da window an' seen me on da phone... prob'ly gonna throw a fit right there at da checkout!" - to pick up some ant killer. Apparently when you have children that get more food on the floor than their mouths, eventually the ants come marching three by three, hurrah, hurrah.

So anyway, we got to the local market and each grabbed a drink and opened it, to sustain us after our arduous flip-flop trek. And yes, we're well aware that Sam Walton would consider that shoplifting, but fortunately we weren't in his store. In the checkout line we met a friend who had moved away recently and so we did the obligatory "catching up" while waiting our turn. Anyway, to make a long story even longer, we finally got to the register and realized neither of us had brought his or her wallet or purse, respectively! Why would we? We were just going out to the trunk of the car.

Luckily, Shem had a few bucks in her pocket. Enough to cover the drinks, but not the ant spray. I guess I'll drive back there again tonight. *sigh*


5 comments:

kpmomma said...

I think the romantic stroll you took is precious and if it makes you feel any better I tried checking out my library books with my Visa today. I did spend the day at the zoo by myself with a 5 and 2 year old so I was a little off kilter by then.
Good luck in the ant war. They DO eat termites, however so you may want to go a little easy on them.

Jim, the Middle-Aged Mormon Man said...

Wow ...

And not ONCE did you bump into Andy, Opie or Goober ...

Imagine.

:)

kninsa said...

Wow, buttongear, nothing like publicly dating yourself. I will confess that I am not old enough to share your knowledge of Andy and Barney. The first encounter I had with "Ronny" was Willow... long after Opie went to juvie.

The Hansen Clan said...

I am dying I am laughing so hard... I can totally picture the whole thing. I would have paid money to have been a fly on the wall. Did Sherri get a DDP?

Shem said...

Sadly, no. I had opted for water. Talk about addng insult to injury.