1. Last night I got ready for bed at 9:00. Only a youngster would do that ... right?
2. This weekend I plan on riding my bike.
3. I went to see the dentist and was honestly disappointed when he didn't give me a sticker in my little baggy of "treats." Also, I don't believe in applying the appellation of "treats" to a travel-size tube of toothpaste, a toothbrush and floss. "Treats" are what you get in October. And December. And February. And April. And whenever I'm good at the store.
4. I called a friend this morning to see if he could "come out and play" today.
5. Look at the selections available on my Tivo®:

6. I'm not nearly as old as this wonderful woman, who recently called me "Lucille Ball-esque." Now tell me honestly, lunch lady: do I look old enough to Love Lucy? Do I look like somebody whose nickname growing up was "Babaloo?" Besides, even if I did get your Lucy reference (which I most assuredly did not), I would definitely prefer grape-squishing to working for a day on the candy production line.
7. I would rather watch According to Jim than the news.
8. Sometimes I get sent to time-out. But I never deserve it. It's SO not fair!
I'm young. I'm young. I know I am. Nertz to Mertz.

8 comments:
It is a darn good thing that when I clicked on the "this wonderful woman" hyperlink there was not a picture of me! :)
Love & kisses,
Your extremely young wife
P.S Go get him lunch lady.
Ok, Baby. I am no longer honored by being mentioned on your post.
Lest you erroneously assume that I watched I Love Lucy episodes as they premiered, let me remind you that Lucy is a pop icon. A piece of Americana. And has been in syndication for a very very long time.
Now, excuse me while I go get my Depends and prune juice. It's almost nap time.
It's okay, Mrs. lunch. I do love Lucy, too -- and I really did have that nickname as a wee one.
I guess I'm just a little over-sensitive ever since I found out I look like her.
And about that link you left in the other post: what on earth is it? Is it meant to be a joke, or is that poor sad woman serious? I guess it's a nod to her that I can't tell. Please, enlighten us with your e-wisdom.
it is a total parody. and it mocks everyone. I felt a little deflated -- because I do some of the same dumb things everyone else does. make sure you read "her" profile.
(I had forgotten about your celebrity look-alike.)
I wanted to throw a tantrum at work today and I just had Oreos for dinner...does that make me young? I can only hope. :)
Nothing wrong with Lucy..except a man looking like her. I will have to be filled in on the story, as I'm lost. I know as we are trying to find the location for the munch and mingle you can enlighten me..that is after my comments you are still going to pick me up. :)I will be bringing a yummy dessert, so maybe that will sweetin you up.
Actually, your greatest resemblance to Lucy is your hair (when it needs cutting). Love, Mom
Post a Comment