So we tried camping, again. And Shem went, again. Which is kind of interesting, considering what happened last time.
This time, however, we camped 200 feet from a bathroom. And not a sissy Port-A-Potty, either. This was a real, official, home-grown bathroom with electric lighting, flush toilets, climate control, and a sink with one of those little sensors on it so the water magically turns on when you put your hands under it without having to touch anything. It was my idea to camp there. And you all thought men couldn't be taught!
The downside was that we "forgot" the camera. Personally, I think it was intentional sabotage on Shem's part. Is it possible that she's figured out that she is the only person that ever shows up in the pictures? Apparently women can learn, too...
Anyway, it all seemed to go well. Canerib and Pookie (who missed the snow adventure) had an absolutely WONDERFUL time. And Shem didn't complain much. When camping, this is the best I can expect -- to eliminate as much moaning and whining as possible. She even said the mountain man breakfast was good.
It was nice to get in one last camping trip before winter. Or before the world is swallowed by a black hole. Either way, I feel lucky.
10 years ago

4 comments:
Camping 100 feet from a flush toilet is ALWAYS ok.
Sounds fun! Thanks for the new recipe, you know how I love it when people share.
Good thing you found a recipe for a hardy breakfast.
shem, camping 100 ft away from a non-flush toilet (i.e. hole) can be a bad thing. I'm glad you differentiate.
Post a Comment