Tuesday, September 30, 2008

An ode to Hostess Fruit Pies

I love Hostess Fuit Pies; I love them, I do.
And so I've concocted this poem for you.

Nothing is more American, says I
Than the wonderfully flavored French apple Fruit Pie.

I can honestly say I have not tried strawberry,
Though in my top three goodest choices, is blackberry.

But I don't think that I am really all that very
Impressed with the semi-gross color of cherry.

Most flavors I've tried, and I like them all, each.
But has anyone else heard rumor there's peach?

Pineapple is another I have also not tried.
Though I've looked far and wide, I've not found hair nor hide.

But I've talked it over a bit with Shem, 'n'
Decided my all-time favorite is lemon.

Caveat to that:  if your pie is served heated
Then anything but apple, and you're just being cheated.

Regardless your choice, or particular flavor,
Go buy a few pies; do your tummy a favor.




9 comments:

Shem said...

I am starting to notice a pattern to your posts. Am I not feeding you well enough, Dear?

the lunch lady said...

get thee hence, Satan.

I have a special place in my heart for hostess fruit pies. when I was a kid, they were my dad's secret treat of choice whenever we went to the grocery store with him. I haven't had one for years. I just might have to indulge . . . ah, the shortening-y crust with a light sugar glaze.

kninsa said...

Yes, yes. It's a lovely thing. When I was a kid, they invented Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pies...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Allyson said...

Yummy! Lemon is tasty but I also enjoy the cherry and apple - stick one in the microwave for 20 seconds and you have a delightful little shorting laden treat.

Tiffany and Brad said...

I too crave these delicacies. I would put Lemon at the bottom of my list, though. (Eh, I'll put it above cherry.)

Kellye said...

Hey I always look at your blog and I have to stand in the lunch line to to get here. Heard you at a ward function that you always ask permission before adding someones blog to your own. Anyhoo can I skip the lunch line and go straight for the fruit pies?

kninsa said...

I would be honored kellye. May I have the same in return? I need a way to keep an eye on that house of yours.

Kellye said...

Sure thing, If you want to come look through the inside let me know.

Amy said...

When i was growing up..my Dad worked for JP&G..they were right next door to the local hostess discount store..they had a bunch of their merchandise that was going to expire..so they gave it to my dad. He came home with about 6 big boxes of hostess deliciousness..i have to agree Lemon is the bomb!