Friday, October 3, 2008

"People call it trivia because they know nothing and they are embarrassed about it" ~ Robbie Coltrane

Here is some trivia I thought I would pass along.  Because it interests me.  And I'm bored.  And Shem likes trivia.  She's, like, the god-dess (that's French for "goddess") of Trivial Pursuit.  So here you go:

William Tager has got to be the most interesting (and least recognized) assassin in history.  He believed that TV networks were monitoring him and beaming messages into his head.  In 1986 he allegedly assailed Dan Rather (he admitted to doing it, at any rate).  In 1994 he killed an NBC technician and was sentenced to 25 years.  What a strange man.

As a side (trivial) note, William Tager instantly went from un-famous to infamous by muttering the bizarre phrase "Kenneth, what's the frequency?" during the attack on Rather.  Maybe I'd be famous if I had a kickin' tagline like that.

The singular form of trivia is trivium.  And in Latin it means "three-way."  Hmmmm.

Alicia Keys was actually born Alicia J. Augello-Cook.  Not quite as catchy, is it?  That's almost as bad as Madonna's birth name.  Almost.

It's been proven that the toilet seat is the cleanest part of a public restroom.

I know somebody personally, who honestly thought that Clinton Kelly isn't gay... even after visiting his official website.

There is actually a petition to bring back Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pies (I'm signer number 2566).  Everyone sign this!!

Who knew Kelsey Grammer had been through so much trauma?  His father was murdered when he was thirteen.  His sister was raped and murdered when he was 20.   His half-brothers were killed by a shark when he was 25.  And I was sad that I was forced to sell my favorite dog.  Sheesh, my life is pretty swell.

Cruciverbalists make the best kissers.

Phew!  What a busy day I've had.


7 comments:

Shem said...

Cruciverbalists are the best kissers!

Bums should never touch public toilets.

Trivial Pursuit should be taught as a subjext in schools.

Some people have absolutly nothing to do at work and it makes me smile.

Allyson said...

Wow, my cup of random knowledge runneth over! AND - maybe Clinton was lying about being gay so as not to ruin his street cred.

Jess said...

What a great post. I love random bits of knowledge.

the lunch lady said...

bathrooms. gross.

I don't know if I trust cnn. Are they really a reliable source?

Maybe you should check with wiki?????

kpmomma said...

Shem should learn how to spell subject! LOL

kninsa said...

@lunch lady: hahahahahaha! Touché
@kpmomma: correct spelling on the Internet is superfluous

Amy said...

Wow..I had no idea you knew so much about nothing! Great movie by the way. I think I'm off to check the wiki..wondering what a cruciverbalist is..it better not be a nerd!