1) I had the TV room and entertainment system set up before anything else, including our bed.
2) Shem can get quite grouchy when she can't find the basic necessities of her life, like hand towels or her favorite pair of jeans.
3) Canerib and Pookie love yard work.
4) I love yard work.
5) Shem loves watching us do yard work from inside the house.
So anyway, what caused Shem to be too tired to veg in front of the boob tube? Monday she spent most of the day shopping for new appliances/furniture/window coverings/bathroom decorations. Tuesday I went to work and found out they were doing surprise layoffs of 40% of our company. Wednesday I got a raise, and we went to the new Smith's Marketplace grand opening... where we spent my entire year's gross income on crap because it was labeled with those two magic words that make all women's hearts titter (especially this darling woman's): "on sale."
I had no idea you could spend so much money at Smith's. Come to think of it, I'm pretty tired too... but not too tired to watch TV; just too tired to hang up pictures.


2 comments:
"On Sale" - those are powerful words!
Wow Shem, you have got it made - three guys who love doing the yard work - SCORE!
Loves doing yard work. Hmmm. Wonder where that came from. Let's see. A dad who is insanely in love with yard work and a mom who forced reluctant little Bobby to do his share. And if it wasn't done right, made him do it again. And again, in spite of the fact that he considered that to be cruel and inhumane. Who would have guessed it would turn into love? Certainly not his mom.
Post a Comment