Thursday, November 6, 2008

skimp (skĭmp) - v. tr. 1. To deal with hastily, carelessly, or with poor material 2. To provide for or supply inadequately; be stingy with

Usually I leave the ranting to Kninsa, but this one needs to be said.

WHY? Why? WHY?

Why do businesses insist on buying the CHEAPEST toilet paper they possibly can? Do they not realize people like me (self-proclaimed TP snobs) just use a TON more? No, I don't use twice as much. I think I use about 5 times as much. I want to make sure my whole hand is protected. If I can SEE through the paper, I am pretty sure liquid can penetrate it.

Now, I don't WANT to clog toilets. As a matter of fact, I really like the facilities manager at my job, so I would NEVER do anything to make his job worse, on purpose, but someday, I am sure the toilet will not be able to keep up with the massive amounts of paper being flushed each day by me and others in my predicament.


Mr. Whipple would be so ashamed!


Next week: Why does cheap TP feel like sand paper? Stay tuned.




8 comments:

Allyson said...

So true! Single ply TP is SO LAME! I think we should start a petition to get, at the very least, two ply TP.

the lunch lady said...

i so totally 100% agree. that is the one good thing about coming back from vacation -- no more public restrooms and nasty tp.

i missed you tonight at YW. please come home . . .

Amy said...

I'm with you there..they need to splurge on the good stuff!

Lisa said...

All I have to say is Amen! Cheap TP is one of my pet peeves.

Jill said...

Hallelujiah!!! That's all I have to say about that.

Jess said...

The TP at my new job is twice as thick as it was at my old job. I just noticed today.

Shem said...

Jess, quit making us jealous. We already know your new job is PERFECT!

:)

kpmomma said...

I got a total visual there as I was enjoying my pumpkin bread... Reaching for the barf bag now!