So basically the way this blog works is that my wonderful husband comes up with wacky things to talk about and I get to sit back and read. Some times he posts unflattering pictures of me and then some other times he yanks me from my reading area smack dab into the wackiness. This is one of those times.
I did have fun reading all the yummy summer treats. I would be happy to sample each of them for anyone willing to share.
Munster, turkey, avocado and sprouts! Yum.
Smoothies! You bet!
I'll have to pass on the tomatoes, but the stat was OUTSTANDING!
My sis tried to sway me with good memories.
And Steak and Ice Cream? Uh... how can I say no?
But when it came right down to it, I had to choose just one.
The first runner up was the "most-eaten summer food by people with impeccable taste in temperate climates or climates close to temperate climates" also known as the nectarine. My mouth waters for good summer fruits all year.
But alas, the winner, with the late entry went to Allyson and her yummy combination... "chewy sourdough bread with butter and cold Havarti cheese." It has been said that this "delectable snack is preferred by most Californians looking to enjoy the moderate summer temps on their patios on lazy Saturday evenings."
Congrats to Allyson! And thank you all for making me hungry.
10 years ago

8 comments:
Ah nuts, I was sure the nectarine had it. Then again, allyson is the only person since July 2008 to sucessfully post three consecutive comments that registered higher than 'giggle' on the kninsa hilarity scale following a 'lame' comment within a one-week period. Congrats on the last-minute Lezak-ish victory!
oh no! I missed it :( See what procrastination will do. . . .
I had to agree with your choice, Shem. You had me at "sourdough."
Thank you! Tell me where and when and I will do snacks for all.
Have to pass on tomatoes? Despicable!
Yes, yes. I know. I have been chastised by many, but I just can't eat tomatoes. I literally have to spit them out of my mouth. I am sufficiently ashamed.
I didn't even think about your affinity for sourdough. Not just a summertime treat for me since I get to enjoy it year 'round. Can't wait to have fresh clam chowder in s.d. bread bowls with you on the wharf in Monterey! My mouth is watering!
Thanks for considering the humble nectarine. I thought the tomato vote was "spot on." But now that I think about it, the clear nomination should have been chocolate in one of its many luscious forms. Summertime, Wintertime, Autumntime, Springtime, Daytime, Nighttime, Stresstime, Relaxationtime--you get the picture.
There is no shame in not being able to eat a tomato..those I am a fruit, am I a vegetable? Are just plain disgusting!
Sour dough sounds good right about now..midnight snack anyone?
Post a Comment