So today we took the kids to the dentist for the first time. I was expecting such an ordeal and prepped them the entire way there. Little did I know the ordeal would be occurring on the way home...
The dentist, it seems, give the children tokens which can be exchanged for any number of tiny little prizes. My two boys (the key word being BOYS) chose tiny little ninjas. This was indeed the highlight of the dentist trip.
As we drove back to my work for the parental exchange with their mother, Canerib dropped his TINY almost MINUSCULE ninja down under the seat. I am not sure if any of you have seen a CRV, but this is not an easy feat. He, of course was really concerned that he lost it and wouldn't be able to take it to his mom's house.
As he continued to look for it and tell me we need to find it, etc. Pookie also decided to see if he could fit HIS ninja in the same tiny space on his side of the car. Our Pookie is such an over achiever, he got his lost too! Now they were both in a tizzy.
At this moment I realized that I was in desperate need of my caffeine addiction and that we were running ahead of schedule to meet for the exchange, so I graciously offered to stop at the convenience store and retrieve the ninjas. Aren't I a giver?
I made Canerib exit the car and started the search. I realized there was a handle that appeared to open the car seat in some manner. I needed both hands and asked Canerib to hold my car keys. (The ordeal was about to commence.)
With my back turned, I hear a noise that sounds like keys falling on the ground, then a secondary fall. I turn to Canerib to see him with no keys in his hands, looking ever so confused as he stared at the drainage grate next to the car. MY KEYS WERE DOWN THERE!
I tried to be calm, not yell and ask what happened. Canerib was completely silent. I bent over and prayed I could move the grate. It moved! I somehow found the strength to pull it off and look down to see my keys about 2.5 feet below.
Now this is the part where I must tell everyone that Monday's are best dress days at work and today I had chosen a skirt. I looked to Canerib and told him I couldn't get the keys, he would have to. I had him kneel down and lean over and then I held him by the ankles and lowered him into the drain. He grabbed the keys and I pulled him back to safety. Problem averted.
Oh, yes. As I brought him back up, he somehow dragged against me and lifted my skirt so as to expose my entire body from the waist down. Don't worry, NO ONE ever stops at a convenience store at 9:15 am for a cup of coffee, so I am sure NO ONE saw my lovely choice of undergarment.
I realize now, I am truly becoming a parent. I held my head up high. Put the grate back on the drain. Grabbed my 2 wonderful boys and went straight inside the store to feed my addiction!
10 years ago

9 comments:
oh no! that is too funny. and awful, at the same time. but way to overcome adversity!
by the way, are you two still speaking to me?
can we still be friends?
LOL, That is HILARIOUS! Small people do come in handy at times, don't they? I can't tell you how many times I've flashed the world because of my girls. I just take it in stride now. LOL Hey, people get paid big bucks to do that sort of thing. Maybe we are in the wrong buisness... NOT! Love you!
Don't worry lunch lady. Due to recent events I am sure we'll have plenty to talk about. :)
I try to speak to you, lunch lady, but you're always surrounded by so many people...
;0)
it's all those school kids, always clamoring for food! who do they think I am?
That is way too funny. I'm sure like the major gas stations in our town, no one was there to witness your peep show. I had my hand over my mouth reading that story. Glad you were able to get the keys safely out of the drain.
Oh it just gets funnier reading it again. You took it like a pro! ;)
I am seriously dying right now... just think if you'd have been at "our station" how extra friendly they would have been to you after seeing your business :)
I hope you got a 64 oz.
Ok, so this has nothing to do with your post, but you need to check out this blog:
http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/
I won't even try to actually give you the link. Just give it an old fashioned copy and paste.
Because I know how much you love momon mommy blogs.
Post a Comment