Wow... what a long and incredibly exhausting weekend! We did so much stuff that I am tired just thinking about it. Well actually, I can probably stand to think about it without too much strain... now that I think about it.
Truth be told, we did nothing. Absolutely nothing.
The weekend started early for Shem and me, because we (being the plan-aheaders that we are) both ended up working from home on the same day -- for once. I, for one, thought this would be totally hot: both of us in our pajamas (or less!) sitting around the living room watching movies, playing games, eating grapes and making out. And typing once in a while. Yeah, apparently real life doesn't work quite like the movies that play in my head. We were both so busy we forgot to make lunch until 2:00 pm... when one of us finally looked up and spoke to the other in more than a grunt. The day went by quickly, albeit not hot-ly.
Saturday I got in trouble for waking up at 8:00. We spent the day... doing absolutely nothing. I rented a bunch of movies (like 5 or 6) from Blockbuster -- almost all of which sucked. We did go clothes shopping at one point, which was actually fun for a change. It helps that Shem always takes me somewhere with a nice large department for me to play in (like toys or colognes or cast iron cookware or lingerie).
Sunday I did not get in trouble, since I was still sleeping when she left for a meeting at 10:00. Church was awesome and I love my new class! Sunday night was shrimp-kabobs on the grill... and then a night filled with shrimpy-oniony burps. Mmmm! The gift that keeps on giving.
Monday we set aside for actual work. Work in the garden in the back yard, work killing wasps, work work work. And then it hailed! Hurray for inclement weather! We did go shopping for Elder Reroon's care package, which I basically just ended up filling with all of the crap food that Shem won't let me eat. Call it projection if you want, Mr. Freud; all I know is that Reroon will be both happy and fat in the coming week.
I sure do miss Canerib and Pookie. I can't wait until they come back. I'm thinking about possibly outlawing grandparent weekends altogether from now on. :o)
10 years ago

6 comments:
Who begs me not to go to my own team training meeting so we can "sleep in as we planned" and then gets up at 7:45? Don't worry V&E Team, I kicked him out of the bedroom and went back to sleep. I'll be there next time, in all my morning glory.
I agree with Shem, who wakes up at 7:45am on a Saturday for no reason - weird! Your talent for descriptive writing is truly a gift - as I read this I swear I could suddenly smell onions and shrimp, amazing!
P.s. Thanks for the new recipe, I will have to try it and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing!
Why doesn't it surprise me that you somehow make it into the Lingerie section of a store?? And why in the world would you wake up at 7:45 if you didn't have to?
one man's toys are another woman's
--
??
Your parents can borrow my kids for a weekend any time they want to! I'd LOVE a weekend off! :)
Post a Comment