Then again, what do I know? For all I know, the disgusting type of doughnut was invented first, and fresh, light, melt-in-your-mouth yeast-raised doughnuts came later. It's not like you can find "Cake Doughnut" on lunch lady's favorite website to give you a detailed (albeit coporately skewed) history. But all the same, once the technology was there, why not deprecate cake doughnuts entirely? You don't see me still using cassette tapes, do you? Or a paper & leather-bound encyclopedia? Or a non-3G-network phone? Okay, that last one was a nerdy stretch, but you get my drift.
So today my blessed recruiter (wonderful woman that she is -- thanks for finding me a superb job!) brought in a case of a dozen doughnuts for me, and to share with my team. How many of the doughnuts had yeast in them? None! Zero! Okay, a chocolate cake doughnut I can see... maybe. If you hid it in a mass of multi-colored sprinkles I might not even complain. But a GLAZED cake doughnut??? Now that is just cruel and unusual. I'm surprised you can even get that kind of drivel without special-ordering it. Needless to say, I was a very generous sharer today.
Of course, having said all that, there are very few things in this world better than a Krispy Kreme pumpkin-spice cake doughnut. Yummy!


14 comments:
I stand mouth agape.
The things you have opinions about...
However the KK pumpkin donut might be worth trying.
And Wiki? My fav? Please. It's info for the masses. Not your PhD.
I think that with all the extra time you have to think about randomness that maybe you should channel some of that energy into a sacrament meeting talk . . .
No way, we already spoke. Just ask PB&J -- he even said he remembered it.
PB&J no longer has any say in Sacrament meetings... but you "bicycle racing buddy" does!
I can't believe all these threats I'm receiving just because I insulted food. If I end up speaking because of you two, I think I might let Oldest Carrotstick borrow my car...
Bro. Von Bo kept a log of all speakers. so if it ever befalls you, know that I didn't out you.
at least not on purpose.
bwaaahahaha . . .
Wow, that is a lot of upsetness over a cake doughnut. Imagine how they feel in the display counter amongst the light and attractive yeast raised doughnuts, seeing people coming in and only wanting raised doughnuts - why it is a crying shame! All they want is to be loved, can't you find a little place in your heart for the occasional cake doughnut?
I love cake doughnuts! Not that I'd always prefer them. At Krispy Kreme, chocolate covered custard filled is my absolute favorite.
I have to admit. I like a good old fashioned with no glaze every once in a while.
Perhaps the plain cake donut would have been appreciated in Young Women last Sunday during our "Dating Decisions" lesson. I'm sure all involved would have found it to be a welcomed distraction. It's just a matter of perspective, I guess.
I feel exactly the opposite! I LOVE those less sweet, heavier cake doughnuts and HATE the fluffy nothin'-to-'em KK glazed nasty things. Albertsons' cake doughnuts are my favorite!
So, someone makes the effort to go out and buy donuts for you and your team and you complain about what she brought? Uh, Kninsa... your ungratefulness is showing! Shame on you! ;)
I also love cake donuts, and appreciate the fact that they can be less sweet than most of what is produced by the over-the-top king of glaze, KK.
I also agree with kpmomma. . .
KK is waaay over hyped. Pumpkin spice or not. Sometimes a glazed cake doughnut really hits the spot..or the crossant glazed..yummy.
Post a Comment